DHIA will entertain new sub-produced business. A few of the factors that we take into consideration when considering new sub-producer relationships are:
- The agency's experience with professional liability insurance, commercial insurance and current book of business. If the agency has limited experience, we are happy to accept an account on a referral basis and pay a referral fee for new and renewal business.
- There are no minimum production requirements; however, we do review broker production on an annual basis and track hit ratios.
- We do not do business with wholesalers.
- We cannot accept any submissions from your agency until you have been approved.
- We have a formal agreement that each agency must execute.
In order to get started and determine if your agency qualifies to be appointed as a sub-producer for DHIA, please complete the Broker Questionnaire, or you can download a fillable PDF form and email it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Once approved, you can obtain most applications and submission contact information on our website. Your submissions will be handled by one of our two regional offices depending upon the location of the risk.