DHIA will entertain new sub-produced business. A few of the factors that we take into consideration when considering new sub-producer relationships are:
- The agency's experience with professional liability insurance, commercial insurance and current book of business. If the agency has limited experience, we are happy to accept an account on a referral basis and pay a referral fee for new and renewal business.
- There are no minimum production requirements; however, we do review broker production on an annual basis and track hit ratios.
- We do not do business with wholesalers.
- We cannot accept any submissions from your agency until you have been approved.
- We have a formal agreement that each agency must execute.
In order to get started and determine if your agency qualifies to be appointed as a sub-producer for DHIA, please complete the Sub-Producer Questionnaire and return to us via email or fax.
Once approved, you can obtain most applications and submission contact information on our website. Your submissions will be handled by one of our two regional offices depending upon the location of the risk.
We are often able to offer a non-binding premium indication using another carrier's application. In order to provide a binding quote, we will require a fully completed Zurich New Business Application and any applicable supplements.
Firms involved in the following areas of practice are not eligible for new business consideration:
- Class Action/Mass Tort work
- Any Patent work
- Any Tax Shelter work
- For Florida risks only – any new business account with claims